UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1967385  
Subject: Re: Jon Stewart on Today's Republican Party Date: 10/8/2012 7:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I am not a white evangelical Protestant, LM.

I am white.
And I am a Protestant.

But white+evangelical+Protestant is the constituency that is almost exclusively Republican.

You know....the ones who include a high number of folks who believe Obama is a Muslim, like I said.

You can spin it any way you want. I am trying to back my replies with links that say otherwise.

Your, "You know....the ones who include a high number of folks who believe Obama is a Muslim, like I said." has already been disputed.
You said,
"Check the percentages... they are easy enough to find.
You're not one of those.... but you are in bed with them."

It is the people of your persuasion who most believe the prez is a Muslim not that of dope1.

the facts,
"While Americans across the board get the president's religion wrong, the religious group that most often thinks Obama is Muslim is white evangelical Protestants (24 percent). American unaffiliated with a religious group make the error least often: just 7 percent identify Obama as Muslim."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/10/belief-that-obama-i......

evangelical
e·van·gel·i·cal ( v n-j l -k l, v n-) also e·van·gel·ic (-j l k). adj. 1. Of, relating to, or in accordance with the Christian gospel, especially one of the four gospel books of ...

snip
"By the late 1930s, conservatives still in the older denominations and those who left but remained friendly (especially Baptists and Presbyterians) made common cause against the separatist position. Although they maintained a commitment to fundamental Christian beliefs, they also declared their willingness to engage in a dialogue with the academy and society. To distinguish themselves from the separatists, they chose to be called Neo-Evangelicals, soon shortened to Evangelicals."

http://m.eb.com/topic/196819

snip
"I am becoming increasingly concerned with the subtle and sometimes not so subtle changes that have been brought about by the philosophies of the "new (neo) evangelical ism." I fear that it is fast becoming the "neo-modernism." I do not know anyone in my circle of influence or ministry that has totally embraced the philosophy of neo-evangelicalism. Nor do I make any claims of being 100% void of any neo-evangelical thought or practice which may have unwittingly influenced my ministry; but to whatever degree it is found, either in the ministry of BDTLB or any other ministry, it is to be repudiated and avoided as a danger to the truth of the gospel of grace."

http://www.gracepoints.com/articles/gplump.php
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement