No. of Recommendations: 1
I am not familiar with "Mac Photo album" -- but with Photos you can do what you want - Right Click an image, choose "Share" from the drop down menu and the email or any of the 6 other options - you may have different options since it is clear these are somewhat user specific. For example I use FaceBook and Twitter and both those Sharing options are presented on my Mac.

I have MacOS 10.13.5 and Photos 3.0
Print the post Back To Top
I am not familiar with "Mac Photo album" -- but with Photos you can do what you want - Right Click an image, choose "Share" from the drop down menu and the email or any of the 6 other options - you may have different options since it is clear these are somewhat user specific. For example I use FaceBook and Twitter and both those Sharing options are presented on my Mac.

I have MacOS 10.13.5 and Photos 3.0
No. of Recommendations: 0
"with Photos you can do what you want - Right Click an image, choose "Share" from the drop down menu and the email or any of the 6 other options "

Right clicking on a photo image no longer has a 'copy image' option.

If I open Photos and Right-click an image,the box that opens lists the following options:
iCloud photo sharing,Airdrop,Facebook,Notes,Messages,Set desktop Picture,& More.

If I then click on 'More',an Extensions Box opens>Select extensions for sharing with others.
The options to choose from here opens:
Each of the options have a check box in front.All have blue boxes that are checked with exception of Mail,Airdrop,& Messages.These three are checked but the check-boxes are greyed out & can't be clicked on.
The Mail one is the only one I used before & would like to continue to use.
What you see is not what I see in Photos. If you have the current versions of both Photos & MacOS, there must be some oddness with settings or something else. I looked and don't see any setting that appears to control the Sharing options presented in Photos. The only thing I can think of part of the System Preferences section on Sharing.

You might want to contact AppleCare for assistance.

Below is a link to what I get when Right Clicking in image in Photos. For privacy reasons, I have not included the email addressed that are by default displayed just below the "Recents" text at the bottom of the image.

http://postmyimage.com/img2/742_Photos1.jpg
Well, you aren't alone... Here's what I see in the dropdown menus..

http://postmyimage.com/img2/811_Screen_Shot_2018_06_25_at_9....

More, it shows my Outlook email client, but grayed out.. I'd expected to see a selection of the 3 or 4 email address accounts there.. None, nor do I see any option to add, either there or in Preferences.

I don't use iCloud for Photos as I want to keep all my photos locally, and cloned, etc..

I still use iPhotos with multiple albums as well as Photos, but after spending a ton of time sorting Faces, organizing them into family groups, the last update lost all that,..

weco
(interested in what you find... )
Right clicking on a photo image no longer has a 'copy image' option.

Seems like an oversight or mistake on Apple's part.

Still, have you tried clicking on an image (or drag-selecting multiple images), and then Cmd-C or Edit > Copy to copy the image(s)? Then paste into an e-mail, document, etc.

That works for me with Photos 3.0.

-awlabrador
I do use iCloud for Photos -

My Photo's Preference settings under the iCloud icon are:

iCloud Photo Library -- checked
Download Originals to this Mac - Radio button selected
Optimize Mac Storage - Radio button *not* selected
My Photo Stream -- not checked
iCloud Photo Sharing -- checked

Under MacOS's System Preferences iCloud when the Options button of Photos is clicked the follow items:

iCloud Photo Library -- checked
My Photo Stream -- not checked
iCloud Photo Sharing -- checked

This items agree with the Preferences observed in the Preferences of the Photos App.
If I check the iCloud Photo Library, it wants me to upgrade, for now to 50 Gb @ $2.99/mo, but IF I added all my other photos from iPhoto and other folders into Photos App, I'd be beyond that, likely beyond the 2 Tb next stage @ $9.99/mo...

And with my unsatisfied experience with Photos, I'm not going there... Rather keep them aboard, safely backed up a few ways, etc..
Don't know if you missed a price cut by Apple or had a typo. 50GB is $0.99 per month.

Just looked yesterday and Google's Photo storage deal is free for unlimited images. Their system does charge if you storage images larger than 16 Megapixles (Maybe the unit is wrong, but the number is 16 and the largest image an iPhone can make today is 12

Also the UI according to reviews is significantly different.
"Below is a link to what I get when Right Clicking in image in Photos.

http://postmyimage.com/img2/742_Photos1.jpg

===============
Mine does not list 'Mail' where you're is.(It used to)

Now the word 'Mail' won't appear until I click on the 'More' category.And the list that appears next includes the 'Mail' but with the greyed-ut check box in front of it.
"I am not familiar with "Mac Photo album" -- but with Photos you can do what you want - Right Click an image, choose "Share" from the drop down menu and the email or any of the 6 other options "

My Photos says Version 1.5

I really like the way it used to be (The way your link showed) since when you clicked on 'Mail',it would open an e-mail with the selected photos in it.Not any more.

Yes,I can still go to my e-mail,open a new e-mail,thenCommand-C,Command-V (copy/paste) each photo in.
BYW
I should mention my Mac runs on El Capitan.

I read "Photos is the new app that is incorporated into El Capitan and replaces both iPhoto and Aperture."
Yes, that was a Typo by me, I'm now at 50 Gb for $0.99/mo, next is 200 Gb for $2.99/mo, then 2 Tb for $9.99/mo...

My Pictures folder is at 400 Gb, there may be duplicates but they are happy where they are. I have used what is now Shutterfly for many years, started as Ofoto, then Kodak took over, and now Shutterfly moved all my files into their servers a few years ago... Never a charge, I can go back and pull up the earliest Album from our trip to Italy in 2000, the scary first digital camera trip, a Nikon 880... On up to recent family weddings, trips, whatever. All they ask is buy some prints, products, and that is almost automatic as I create Share Sites and snd the link to family, friends, some buy prints even if we don't very often.. Never has been any limits, charges. There are others, like Google, Flickr, but one is enough.. iCloud does fine for where I have set the limits...

Anyway, Photos could be better, needs these abilities to work for all of us!

weco
BTW - If/When you ever update to High Sierra, try to save iPhoto, if you still have it, it works in High Sierra, has its uses, and I use it to categorize some photos, using iPhoto Body to create separate Libraries for some trips, family events, remodel projects, other interests,,, If I pull this into Photos, things change, not as handy for me at least...
Apparently Macs before mid 2009 can't be upgraded.My early 2009 Mac won't accept it.
Apparently Macs before mid 2009 can't be upgraded.My early 2009 Mac won't accept it.

Sounds about right.. I had an early intel Mac Pro that was getting left behind, so I found a good price at Other World Computing for a 2012 Mac Pro, 32 Gb RAM, and I simply moved my HDs over to it, booted, and updated to High Sierra. Sold the earlier one to a friend. Along the way DW's 27" iMac had graphic card trouble, replaced it with a new one, sold the old to SellYourMac for a fair price, so we are both up to date, for now...

I'm watching to see if/when Apple ever releases an updated Mac Pro that might tempt me down the line. I like the big box 'Cheese Grater' 2012 Mac Pro, not the little 'Trash Can' ones, no room for stuff in them!

weco
Advertisement