Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am obviously biased as you can tell by my screen name, so keep that in mind.

I know some good enrolled agents. However, I take strong exception to the comment that he has more taxation education than most cpa's. CPA's have to have a four year degree (soon to be five), pass an extremely arduos two day exam, and then, in most states take at least 20 - 40 hours of continuing education per year. I had nearly 100 hours last year.

And, not to be snide, but is a realtor the best person to be recomending a tax professional? How about asking a lawyer or broker you know?

Having demonstrated how superior CPA's are (that's a joke folks), I believe that enrolled agents and other tax preparers offer valuable services at reasonable prices to certain individuals. If your return is not very complicated, these people are often much less expensive than a CPA. And, unfortunatley, not every CPA is good. But the effort it takes to get and stay there usually separates the good apples from the bad. So, if your return is at all difficult, find a good CPA
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.