UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308349  
Subject: Re: OT request for help writing a letter Date: 4/18/2002 4:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I am out about $100 for prescriptions and copays, I missed about 5 days work and 1 night of school. I am incredibly angry that whenever I said I wasn't getting better I was just brushed off with more drugs. How do I put all that in a letter without using any bad language?

I, too, recommend getting your medical records out of the office before sending the letter.

First, write a screamer. Call the doctor (and his staff) every synonym for incompetent you can think of. Rage that you're going to get his license pulled, and he shouldn't be allowed to take care of a begonia, never mind a human being.

Then tear that letter up.

Write a calm, cool collected letter, listing dates when you called, what you were told, etc. Something similar to what you've written here (although I'd probably pull the comment about the doctor returning to where he was borrowed from. You can just say that you were told he had left the practice).

Then describe the allergist's diagnosis, how it was confirmed with tests, and double-checked at a later visit.

Note how much you've lost in terms of time and money. Remember, this is going to be seen, not just by the doctor, but by your insurance company, possibly the medical review board, and a group of other people. You want to look calm and organized. Do not allow yourself to lose your temper. You are pointing out that this doctor has misdiagnosed a serious problem, prescribed drugs without seeing you, and is responsible for lost time at work, in addition to numerous other problems.

Hope you get an agitated response!

Nancy
wandering in from Aruba's Isle to help
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement