Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 32
...and not a little bit weepy, having been through the posts. Thank you all for your messages of support. Who among us doesn't like to be appreciated?

Phil Marti
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 6
Thank-you Phil! Glad to hear your back.

I can go to sleep now!

Know Foolin'

HaGD,

L2J
No. of Recommendations: 1
<Thank you all for your messages of support. Who among us doesn't like to be appreciated?>

Phil:

I want to personally thank you for greatly adding to my education in the tax area. What may not be apparent to FOOL management, but is crystal clear to the community of FOOL users is the value of your experience AND your way of delivering it with warmth, wit and patience.

I do not claim to understand the workings of the business side of the FOOL. The consensus of the many posts I have read on the subject suggests that cuts were necessary in order to secure financing to continue. Just like there may be a big difference between a company and it's stock, there is a big difference between being a fan of the FOOL community and it's ultimate success as a business.

Quite a few have said they would support paying a fee to ensure FOOL's existance. I would too. However, I do not think that I would have given it a chance if I had to pay a subscription fee sight unseen. How to deal with that tricky situation is a business decision. Running the FOOL community is very different than running the business of the FOOL. I would have hoped that with their market insights the Gardner brothers could have seen this prospect (loss of advertising revenue) a long time ago and planned on an alternate source of revenue. It is a shame that the FOOL community was never asked for any input into this situation as it now impacts all of us.

BRG
Advertisement