UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: AussieKez Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 78  
Subject: Re: I am here if you are! Date: 3/22/2002 5:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am overwhelmed with our different Gambling addictions..

There are so many ways to earn the title Mr/Mrs LUCK!!!(without success)

My person addiction is Poker Machines (Slots)..I am a Computer Nurd and slots are a Computer, pre programmed on the loser or the lucky Winner with only $1 in the slot.

Sctachies, as we call them here I may buy one if I have a couple of bucks and Impulse buy...I really don't care about them.
I would still like to know more regarding this!

BlackJack..I could understand an obsession with that!! However I have only played it at home, playing for matches and fun. I Play Blackjack on my computer and that satisfys me.

There is also the Horse Racing, and in this country Greyhound racing, the Trot racing..The big one being the Melbourne Cup on the first Tuesday of November every year.

I don't care about that. I don't care about scratch Tickets, I don't care about Black Jack or Roulette.

HOWEVER!!!!! we all walk in the same shoes of glutony. I don't even know if it is called an ADDICTION!!!....I would prefer to call it an Obsession meaning enjoyment that we can't afford.
Obsession meaning escape from the shit that we can't face or don't have the courage to look in the eye.

When we gamble we see our lives going to hell. We acknowledge the subconcious nagging in our ears wishing it to stop, or not gamble in the first place.

Some (like me) find it to be a temporary escape from reality only to step outside, once again and want the earth to open up a hole and swallow me.
REALITY BITES!!!!

Excuse!!! WOW!!! we are winners there don't you think??

Heavy stuff...Admitting Gambling addiction is complex, like I wrote above..

A lot of people would say they are not Obsessed with gambling because they focus on one particular passion of loss/win

My opinion is:
IF YOUR LIFE IS GOING TO HELL OVER MONEY/GAMBLING...lift up both your hand in the air like a scale and weigh up the pro's and cons.

Two weeks ago I pledged on my partners and my relationship that I will not gamble unless he is with me.
Mentally I see him as being a pain in the arse and 'in the way' if we do go and play the slots...BUT!!!! It isn't worth losing him.
Material things are disappearing fast to cover debts. I don't want to lose my soul mate.
If that happened I will die. "I WILL DIE"

Connie, I don't have much more to offer verbally outside of what I have already said.

Rams,

Stick around please. I have a feeling we can help a lot of people in the future if they are prepared to help themselves..

How are you and your wife going?...have you gone to a GA meeting lately?

Kez (just starting to withdraw from the need to gamble after 3 weeks, however has the bills paid..(not much food in the place but I don't owe too much except credit card)

Lurkers!!!! Please join in:o)

I am active on the non smoko board also (and I am smoking again) I have been honest and my posts have slowed down with contribution.

Please, you don't have to be a gambling quitter to drop in. All you have to do is acknowledge your compultion and share.

Bella, I am going to e-mail you right now to encourage you to step in..

Kez is weak, she has banned herself from gambling clubs so I have no choice.
Kez is strong!!! and know I have a lot to offer regarding 30 years of gambling in my belt.

Love to all

Kez

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement