I am reading the book, and just to make it interesting I sold more puts on BRK.B - at strike prices ranging from 75 to 87.50 at a variety of expiration all the way out to 2015. So this gambit made quite a nice move today, but the question is whether to hold till expiration or book at least some early gainsThe 1.10 P/BV was a sizable part of my investing thesis. If the company added another 10% to that "floor" for buybacks, then that seems to have added further to my margin of safety, helping partially cushion the risk of a stock market or economic downturn.All of the puts I wrote were varying degrees out of the money - and only the 87.50 June puts had become slightly in the money for just a few days recently, and today's move alleviated that. Being out of the money at the time of writing is another margin of safety I build into my put-writing strategies.-AG
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar. Earnings Estimates, Analyst Ra