No. of Recommendations: 10
I cannot believe I have to look at this man and his horrible wife for another 4 years. I cannot believe that the leaches won. I cannot believe that the people of the United States are this stupid.

I keep trying to think of ways to retaliate. All I can think of is to get rid of our money. We have been SO good and careful and prudent...apparently that's stupid because now the government will take most of it. So, we'll SPEND it! Give it to our Republican friends....the democrat friends can suck off the govt they voted for. It's going to be a very frightening next 4 years.....and I'm done watching the news. No point. Just sit back and rock and hum while this man destroys our country. Glad I'm over 65 and can afford to purchase my own medical treatment someplace....when Obama decides I'm too old to live. OMG. This is beyond belief.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Stupid is as stupid does
No. of Recommendations: 0
What can you do? You get the government you deserve. It's amazing to me but.....meh.
Best anyone can do is take care of one's self, and plan for when things get bad.

For 4 years I've cut my discretionary spending so much. Travels, etc. Why participate? I'd rather enjoy friends and family, save money, and therefore be inoculated form the bad health care, crime, and other problems that are soon coming to a poorer America. (Despite any short term green chutes)

JediG
I used to work for an oil company and when the govt got stupid about regulations over drilling, our production and exploration department had this great sign: "Let the Bastards Freeze in the Dark".

That's how I feel right now. Unfortunately, the Bastards exempt themselves from all the regulations they place on us, their serfs. So we are now officially "the Bastards". I'm afraid that we will all freeze in the dark......
Well, many of the "B's" are affluent Liberal yuppies in suburbs across America.

I'm glad that in coming years they will be taxed more, and in return get a lower standard of living.

They deserve it.

Here's to the next muni bankruptcy in Caliphornia.

Jedi
Hey, while you're giving away money...

Just lightening the mood. Sure, 0bama is terrible, but life goes on. Buy a good HDTV. Give to causes like the Cub Scouts that teach kids not to be leaches. Keep pointing out the truth, sooner or later it dawns on people that you can't have your cake and eat it too.

What have they really won? Nothing. Their ideas are still wrong, now they have no excuses. When they fail for four more years what are they going to do, still blame Bush? Lol, ID love to see them do that!

Just bide your time, opportunity is approaching.

And don't forget the TV. Those things are marvelous. Really will make the flames in third world America riveting. Just make sure you're not physically near those places... that wouldn't be as entertaining eh!
I've been watching a Harry Potter movie. Much better than the election returns. The only bright light was that Jeff Flake was elected to the Senate after an unbelievable amount of misleading, nasty ads by his well-funded loon of an opponent. (somebody told me)

Yep, I will be calm. Nothing I can do about it, except I don't need to watch this useless man preen and gloat on the tv. My stomach is not that strong. He has made it clear that those of us on the other side, have no President. Incredibly arrogant and sad for our country.

Hope the people in NY enjoy their victory and his useless platitudes about "giving them help" and "cutting through the red tape". There's that "in the dark thing" again.......
No. of Recommendations: 4
I will not give a single dime to the citizens of the state of New York that handed Zero 29 electoral votes.

In fact, I'm not giving to anything or anyone other than my church. Let 'em suck off the government t!t as long as they can. There's nothing I can do about that except hire the best accountant I can to take every legitimate deduction I possibly can.
Best anyone can do is take care of one's self, and plan for when things get bad.

For 4 years I've cut my discretionary spending so much. Travels, etc. Why participate? I'd rather enjoy friends and family, save money, and therefore be inoculated form the bad health care, crime, and other problems that are soon coming to a poorer America.

JediG

I'm with the Jedman. What I wrote five days ago is still true today:

http://boards.fool.com/obama-re-elected-who-cares-30353439.a...

--fleg
No. of Recommendations: 2
"I will not give a single dime to the citizens of the state of New York"

I gave some money to the Salvation Army specifically for NY. And while I'm on the subject....I have heard, from very reliable sources, that the Red Cross is so bloated and tied up in red tape that they are virtually useless. The millions they are collecting right now (thanks to the endless media drumbeating )probably go to bloated salaries for their executives and for any project they choose. They are very careful to say that you are donating to "disasters that the Red Cross responds to". That means they put your money wherever they want. NY may not see a dime. Had a niece who went down to help after Katrina and she was disgusted by what she saw from the Red Cross. How come we never hear anything about any of this from our "media"? I support the Salvation Army. According to my niece, they did a great job during Katrina and their CEO takes a salary of like $1,000. Red Cross CEO: over a million dollars. Gotta love these "not for profits" who are so condescending about profit making companies while they are laughing all the way to their banks.
Maybe we can impeach Zero when the truth comes out re Benghazi. But then we'd be stuck with assassination insurance Joe Biden. Never mind.
I keep trying to think of ways to retaliate. All I can think of is to get rid of our money. We have been SO good and careful and prudent...apparently that's stupid because now the government will take most of it. So, we'll SPEND it! Give it to our Republican friends....the democrat friends can suck off the govt they voted for. It's going to be a very frightening next 4 years.....and I'm done watching the news. No point. Just sit back and rock and hum while this man destroys our country. Glad I'm over 65 and can afford to purchase my own medical treatment someplace....when Obama decides I'm too old to live. OMG. This is beyond belief.

PK227

I hear you. I am a bit numb this morning. I could not even sleep in this morning. I never turned on the television last night because I did not want to see the gloating of the television anchors.

Who is John Galt?

Mike
Buy a good HDTV.

Colovion

That's what I did. Thanks Michael Read.

I'll be able to watch America dissolve in high def.

Hurrah!

Mike
In fact, I'm not giving to anything or anyone other than my church. Let 'em suck off the government t!t as long as they can. There's nothing I can do about that except hire the best accountant I can to take every legitimate deduction I possibly can.

I was thinking about this before falling asleep (which wasn't easy). Time for a capital strike. I can easily buy things from red-states via Amazon, or at least red areas of blue states. Detroit wanted 0bama? They must not want my money. I don't have to spend a dime in Detroit, I can avoid it entirely. Ditto restaurants/businesses in Ann Arbor.

Charities? The only one getting my money is the cub/boy scouts. The rest can beg off to 0bama voters. That store I was dreaming of? Never going to happen.

Oh, and domestic auto makers? No worries, I'm not buying domestic. Sorry Ford. In fact I can buy lots of stuff used/refurbished.

Time for the moochers to see what they've won: economic Armageddon.
I am a bit numb this morning.

Me, too. But I kind of knew in my heart that Obama would win and though I tried to banish these negative thoughts, they just wouldn't go away.

We are an exception to a modern, fickle culture devoid of substance. People still watch and believe a complicit msm. Although polling shows a majority of the population believes we are on the wrong economic path, Romney failed to connect with voters. Obama is articulate, inspiring, energetic - a trained seal of sorts. The word I'd use to describe him is "entertaining" in front of a camera. Yet, his supporters will get a full dose of bad medicine the next four years - probably too late to turn the tides back to anything manageable. He brought a fractured kind of change and has wreaked havoc that might never be surmounted. In my opinion, the voters threw the country over the cliff yesterday. I was not one of them.
Oh, and domestic auto makers? No worries, I'm not buying domestic. Sorry Ford. In fact I can buy lots of stuff used/refurbished.

Colovion

I'm a guy who would never buy a foreign car who now owns a Toyota. I am going to try to talk my friend who owns two GM products into buying a non-union built Japanese car next time.

Mike
It is what it is. I'm not a big fan of O'Riley, but he said last night that too many Americans like getting "free stuff" from the government, and I agree with him to that extent. It will be a long time before a Repub sits in the White House again, other than to take a dump during a meeting of some sort. Obama wants to destroy America, and now he has 4 more years to finish the job. I'm going to do what I can to protect our portfolio and financial security, and to heck with the rest of it. I don't need a job anymore, and we can live through another long recession. If Medicare condemns everyone to an early death, I'll take my cash and go somewhere where I can get real health care. As for taxes, I think we'll survive. The world is a much worse and more dangerous place now that Obama has his way for another term. I feel really bad for my son and his family, but what will be will be, and we'll do what we can to help them out if and when they need it.
The world is a much worse and more dangerous place now that Obama has his way for another term. I feel really bad for my son and his family, but what will be will be, and we'll do what we can to help them out if and when they need it.
------------------

I'm of two minds about this because I know 2 of my kids voted for Obama. And one of them has a real reason to be scared of Obamacare, but she bought the whole lady parts/gay marriage thing. Like that's going to matter while her inheritance goes over the cliff. The one whom I know voted Romney has a wife with severe potential medical problems - like needing a new kidney. So mostly I'll save my pennies for that. In the meantime, I think I'll get another dulcimer. Because apparently social issues trump financial sense.

arrete
No. of Recommendations: 14
You guys are a hoot:

I keep trying to think of ways to retaliate.
I'm a guy who would never buy a foreign car who now owns a Toyota. I am going to try to talk my friend who owns two GM products into buying a non-union built Japanese car next time.
No worries, I'm not buying domestic. Sorry Ford. In fact I can buy lots of stuff used/refurbished.

And you call yourself patriots? You are nothing but a bunch of spoiled brats, you didn't get your way so now you will do anything you can to further grind your country into the ground. Your true colors are shining through.

I like this comment the best:

It will be a long time before a Repub sits in the White House again, other than to take a dump during a meeting of some sort.

You are right about this one! As long as republicans kowtow to religious nut cases and base their campaigns on lies and pandering there will not be another republican president. Look at the election numbers, women made the big difference and republicans have treated women pretty poorly.

I do think that your drama is vastly overblown and we will be just fine. I’ll check in from time to time and point that out. I expect the recovery to be slow but it will proceed and things will get better. Too bad you guys hate your country so much that you would rather buy foreign cars do whatever you can to screw your fellow Americans.
And you call yourself patriots? You are nothing but a bunch of spoiled brats, you didn't get your way so now you will do anything you can to further grind your country into the ground. Your true colors are shining through.

Dude,

Your team won.

Congratulations.

Keep in mind though that in the end the math wins. You folks and your Democrat politicians will grind down the country without any help from conservatives. I live in a very deep blue state so I am used to Democrats winning. This election is nothing new for me.

Mike

P.S. If our people had won, you guys would be a much worse mood.
And you call yourself patriots? You are nothing but a bunch of spoiled brats, you didn't get your way so now you will do anything you can to further grind your country into the ground.

As an American who would never consider buying a non-American car until my last car, I have to admit that the Japanese make a superior car at least when it comes to cars with four cylinder engines.

My current Japanese vehicle (2006 Toyota Corolla) with its four cylinder engine is the best vehicle I've owned (1973 Chevy Vega, 1983 Chevy Cavalier and 1993 Saturn SL2)

Mike
No. of Recommendations: 3
thanks for writing this PK, I can't believe that he won again.

I purposely didn't turn on the tv or pick up the paper first thing this morning, deciding to fix the dog's food and then do my reading and journalling I do. I have to wait an hr before I can eat because of Synthroid. I knew if I heard that O won, it would cast a pall over the entire day. Well, my waiting an hr. to see the news didn't change the end result.....It's going to be a rough day coming to terms with this.

I feel like I'm in this sub-set of women who believe differently than most women do, and particularly those women who have been in gay relationships. I definitely feel like an outsider with gay groups. Where does this leave me? What is my place?

I will continue thinking independently because it's who I am and my values are not going to change.

The fears I have are regarding small businesses because that's in my blood. The regulations were bad then, and the pressures of taxes and benefits for employees and their pay, and not even talking about finding skilled and motivated workers, will just crush them out of business.
\
The other fear is that of my stock portfolio, what I live on in other words and what I have saved and invested for my future. There are no safety nets in regards to inflation and taxes. The taxes on dividends and interest is due to go up and that worries me. Those taxes and inflation will eat away at my savings.

I need to look over my portfolio and see what stocks are going to be most affected by O, to the plus and negative side of things and do some repositioning.

If I run out of money in the future at an older age, what the heck am I supposed to do? Those with pensions might not have any worries, but I sure do.

Finally, the other thing I'm worried about is that those who want to see America squashed, will see from the election results Americans have no stomach for defending themselves and will proceed accordingly and will manipulate and roll over O. This is a big concern....terrorists only understand strength and force. Words and actions have to be followed through on. Empty threats and continuing to move the boundary of tolerance forward is seen as a playground tactic not to be taken seriously.

Life goes on, but this is a day to think about my situation at this point in my life and where and what I want to do in the future while I still have savings.

LuckyDog
I feel like I'm in this sub-set of women who believe differently than most women do, and particularly those women who have been in gay relationships. I definitely feel like an outsider with gay groups. Where does this leave me? What is my place?

I will continue thinking independently because it's who I am and my values are not going to change.

You have us, sweetie.

I need to look over my portfolio and see what stocks are going to be most affected by O, to the plus and negative side of things and do some repositioning.

I wish I could do that. DH informed me yesterday we're too close to AMT to take any more profits. I'll have to see if I have reasonable losses I can take.

arrete
------------------------------------------------------
I was just watching CNBC, Dow futures down 120 as of now. Bill Gross was on, and i don't really like him since his prediction of Dow 5000 5 or so years ago based on historic dividend yield, but for what it's worth he said with the Obama victory stocks, especially dividend stocks, are 5 to 10% overvalued. Of course most of my stocks are dividend payers. I think it's going to get ugly, but what do i know, i predicted Romney would win ;).
for what it's worth he said with the Obama victory stocks, especially dividend stocks, are 5 to 10% overvalued. Of course most of my stocks are dividend payers. I think it's going to get ugly

Yeah. I'm 22% cash & 21% short term bond mutual fund[vfstx] & the rest in stocks & stock funds. My stocks are energy, consumer staples & utilities. I figure we got another 2008/2009 recession in our future. Gonna back up the truck for more stocks then.

I predict any company that produces either guns or ammo will have a banner next couple months.. don't hold for to long though...
I predict any company that produces either guns or ammo will have a banner next couple months.. don't hold for to long though...

dhooten

My friend's cousin owns a gun store here is SW PA. Look for Obama's photo to appear back on the wall there with the title Salesman of the Month.

Mike
For me there is a small silver lining in this:

Once Obamacare's regulations on medical-care insurers take effect, I can change legal residence from a usually-solid-Democrat (presidents, governors, and majorities of both legislative houses) to a state where fiscal prudence has at least some chance.

Unfortunately, now I'm looking at how to move my investments out of the US to selected other countries, which is difficult with most of the money in a 401K-type account.
arrete wrote: Like that's going to matter while her inheritance goes over the cliff.

I sure know what I'm going to do with my liberal atheist son's inheritance. hehehe
Beridian wrote: I do think that your drama is vastly overblown and we will be just fine.

You are clueless.
"I sure know what I'm going to do with my liberal atheist son's inheritance. hehehe" - catherine

Catherine your son is young and could change directions and beliefs later in life. He has a lot of living yet to do.

I pretty much believed in nothing till around the year 2000 when I started reading stories about near death experiences and death bed visions. Then when I read about the holographic universe theory and the connection between NDE's and it I was blown away. The connection between the two is what confirmed my belief in the Creator and life after death.

So there is hope for your son. He could change. He is quite young.

Art

Art
--------------------------------------------------
How old is her son? I started getting more conservative fiscally at around 25.

I think the first glimmer of understanding came to me in a biology class in college. A professor explained to us how the ban on cyclamates (artificial sweetener) was based on a study that was basically junk science and how, in spite of the bad science, people jumped on the anti-cyclamate bandwagon. That's when I first realized that some people like to get all hysterical and control our behavior with no real justification. Those people are known today by a variety of names: activists, Democrats, progressives, warmists, PETA, etc.

--fleg
No. of Recommendations: 21
The initial 47% line was spot on. It should have been stated plainly enough without putting a precise percentage on it. What any non liberal person who is running for public office needs to understand is that any words they say will be spun into a negative narrative against them by an all to eager and willing media. The Senate candidates in Missouri and Indiana should have fully expected that the subject would be broached in such a way that would make them look insensitive and dumb. I have no patience for stupidity and not being fully prepared for such questions out of ignorance or naivety is no excuse. I heard Cavuto say that the Indiana guy had a 20 point lead before he opened his mouth without thinking.

The issue of an unsustainable number of people consuming government services while contributing little or nothing back should be an alarm louder than a passing fire engine's siren. Unfortunately, $16 Trillion is a number that few can even remotely comprehend. Further, if you start getting too wonky in your discussions, people's eyes will glaze over. I don't remember seeing any tv spots that translated this looming disaster into terms that even the slow witted or unattentive ones could grasp.

On one of the shows today they interviewed people about why they voted for who they did. One was a 21 year old girl who said she felt Obama would provide her with the best chance at a high paying job after she graduates next spring. Being 21 is not a crime. Yet being fairly close to graduation, you would think you may have had some conversations with some people who graduated in the last 3-4 years. Obama told that group of people in 2008 that they would do very well if they voted for him. They did so big time back then. Buyers remorse only dropped their support a little bit less this time around.

I guess lots of college students and grads have a hard time understanding simple math. By his own plan, Obama plans to have the debt go over $20 Trillion by the end of the next term. I expect it to go even higher. It is already bursting at the seams. I did not expect Romney to be able to solve our massive financial problems. I at least felt that he understood them and would move us in the right direction. Obama does not even feel we have a particularly bad problem. To him it is just something that a nice fat tax increase would cover. He has no idea that he is supposed to stop digging.

So to say I am profoundly dissapointed doesn't begin to convey my feelings. Did the storm blunt Romneys momentum? Would Rubio have delivered Florida and enough votes from hispanics in other states to swing the vote back to Romney? Would he have been prepared for the inevitable attacks that came his way? Ryan didn't even deliver Wisconsin.

I was upset that Romney did not address Benghazi in both the narrower and larger contexts. Since most voters are not connected to most international events, Romney could have put it in terms of the president being in the room when the people on the ground repeatedly asked for help. Much was made in 2008 about the 3AM phone calls from across the world. This one cam in at 3PM.

Obama has never given a direct answer to the question of why he didn't offer help. Of course when NBC's Brian Williams had two full days of being with him, the question never entered his mind. I did see the video clip of a Colorado local reporter asking Obama just that question. It would have been simple for him to say what he did or didn't do. Instead he went off about "we're investigating" and never directly answered the question. Obama was in the situation room when help was asked for and he had the authority to approve it. I believe this story is not yet finished. It speaks to the larger question of how prepared we are to defend ourselves. If you are not protecting your embassy in a hostile environment on the anniverasry of 9/11, how well prepared are you to take on people who are sworn to destroy us? As I said it is something that could have worked very well within the foreign policy debate. It sure would have put Obama on his heels. Any hemming and hawing on his part could have left him looking every bit as bad as he did after debate #1.

Alas, this is all Monday moring quarterbacking. Yet I cannot believe that all of these things were not considered by Romney's team. Running out the clock in football when you have played a solid offensive game up to that point is a poor strategy. When things are working, you need to keep pushing forward and not voluntarily play defense, whatever the sport.

B
He'll be 29 years old this month! Old enough to know better.
By the way, if anyone would like to send a note to Mitt Romney, you can reach him here...

http://www.mittromney.com/forms/other
He'll be 29 years old this month! Old enough to know better.
----------------------------------------------------
I'm sure in California it takes longer.....alot longer, if at all. Seriously though, look at Greece and europe. I've read that Greece was a dynamo until the 70's when socialists started taking power, now they're rioting because of austerity measures. You get into a psychological dependency and then you screw with it and people go bonkers because they have no life skills and are hopeless. Democrats ignoring the debt just delay the inevitable. They'll tax the rich, and like the commercial from the guy that lived in socialist Hungary that founded Interactive Brokers said, "the country got poorer, yes, the rich got poorer, but the poor got poorer too". That is where we are headed in my opinion, and after the fall the answer will always be to tax the rich.
FeedMeCrap wrote: You really have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Just google "fraud at the red cross" and see what turns up.
I know the comment about the executives making millions was completely false, as was the earlier comment about the government taking most of our money. When your ideas have been soundly rejected by America, it must really sting. But it's a good idea to not blabber nonsensical BS like a pouting 4-year-old.
To put it politely, FeedMeCrap, you're ignorant.

In the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks, the Red Cross, like many charitable organizations, solicited funds and blood donations for Red Cross activities for the victims of the attacks. Dr. Bernadine Healy, the president of the American Red Cross, appeared on telethons urging individuals to give generously.[citation needed] However, according to America's Blood Centers, the non-profit consortium that provides the other 50% of the United States blood supply, no national blood drive was needed, since localized blood drives in the affected areas would be sufficient to meet the demand. The American Red Cross felt that the terrorist attacks were a sign of increased instability and urged people to donate blood, even though it was not needed at that time. In the end, some of the unused blood was destroyed.

Also, the American Red Cross created the Liberty Fund that was ostensibly designed for relief for victims of the terrorist attacks. However, when the fund was closed in October, after exceeding the goals of donations, only 30% of the $547 million received was spent as the standard disaster relief guidelines for meeting victims needs had been supplied to them. Dr. Healy announced that the majority of the remainder of the money would be used to increase blood supply, improve telecommunications, and prepare for terror attacks in other parts of the country.

In February 2002, The New Yorker magazine carried a column saying American Red Cross representatives were visiting upscale apartment buildings in wealthy Manhattan neighborhoods and distributing donated money (up to three months' rent or mortgage payments) to New Yorkers who had been "displaced, traumatized, or merely inconvenienced" by the terrorist attacks, without any regard to whether the recipients were actually in financial need.

Many donors felt that they had donated specifically to the victims of the September 11 attacks and objected to Healy's official plan for the diversion of funds. Survivors complained of the bureaucratic process involved in requesting funds and the slow delivery of the checks to meet immediate needs. Congressional hearings were called and New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer investigated the Red Cross. In the end, the American Red Cross appointed former U.S. senator George Mitchell to handle distribution of the funds. Dr. Healy was forced to resign for her role in the situation, and the Red Cross pledged that all funds would go to directly benefit the victims of the September 11 attacks. Healy received a severance payment of $1,569,630.

In the end, out of the $961 million received, 71% went as cash assistance to those directly affected, 15% went for long term mental care and hospital care for the victims and people in the affected region, and 10% went for immediate disaster relief like shelters, food, and health care. The remaining 4% went for administration. Significant changes to Red Cross fundraising collection and policy have since been implemented after the Liberty Fund debacle. Source: Wiki
It was a large scandal... Although I think what she was doing was smart, there was an over-abundance of funds and reserving some for future disasters was the correct move... Although it certainly could have been communicated much better. Better controls were put in place at ARC and using the figures above 96& of the funds were used to help out the victims which for charities is a very high utility rate.

The Red Cross systems at the time were incredibly taxed with traffic... way over what they were designed to do. The people there were doing the best they could to support the victims and the donations from the American public were substantial.

John
All I can think of is to get rid of our money. We have been SO good and careful and prudent...apparently that's stupid because now the government will take most of it.

No, you're not paranoid at all.
To put it politely, you're ignorant.

And yet somehow I'm right and you're wrong and your post proves it. Especially the sentence that says, "Significant changes to Red Cross fundraising collection and policy have since been implemented".

As I said, you have no idea what you're talking about.
I can remember way back when I was in high school my father telling me that the Red Cross couldn't hold a candle to the Salvation Army when it came to being there for the troops in Europe when he served in WWII. I have always thought of that when I saw Red Cross appeals. It is apparently still true today, 70+ years later.

--fleg
No. of Recommendations: 4
It sure would have put Obama on his heels. Any hemming and hawing on his part could have left him looking every bit as bad as he did after debate #1.

Only if you think that the Fox narrative of the event is correct. If it's not, then it could have been nothing but a huge embarrassment.
Quite a lot of what Fox tells you is just bunk. I don't get why conservatives don't realize that anything you hear from them must be taken with a spoonful of salt.
I mean you've had Condoleeza Rice coming out in defense of Obama on Benghazi.
No. of Recommendations: 6
You really have no idea what the hell you're talking about. - FMNH

--------------------

That's a lie!
BHM continues his steady climb towards the puke green star.
AD wrote: Quite a lot of what Fox tells you is just bunk. I don't get why conservatives don't realize that anything you hear from them must be taken with a spoonful of salt.

Quite a lot of what MSNBC tells you is just bunk. I don't get why libruls don't realize that anything you hear from them must be taken with a spoonful of salt.

There...fixed that for ya.
I cannot believe I have to look at this man and his horrible wife for another 4 years. I cannot believe that the leaches won. I cannot believe that the people of the United States are this stupid.

This IS satire right? Right? If it is not. OMFG you are nasty and deluded.
ges

.......keep on wanking over on PA, it's your kind of stinkpot.

ges

Dude,

This is the first time I've seen your user name on this board so me thinks you be a troll. I'll play. This is an early retirement board with a mix of retirees and retiree wannabes as the regulars. There is every reason for we board regulars to be concerned about what happened Tuesday. There are not enough rich 1% people available to tax. The tax burden to support Obama's spending is going to fall squarely on the middle class. A retiree is most likely living on their savings and a pension if they are lucky. They have little human capital remaining.

I guess you voted for the One? <g>

Cloward - Piven is moving ahead nicely.

Mike
ascenzm wrote: There are not enough rich 1% people available to tax.

For the benefit of the troll who just meandered over here...here's the explanation, suitable for an 8-year-old.

Eat The Rich! ~explained by Bill Whittle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661pi6K-8WQ
----------------

When he gets it, I hope he has a nice little ditty thanking FMNH.

arrete
Glad I'm over 65 and can afford to purchase my own medical treatment someplace....when Obama decides I'm too old to live.

Man, you guys are doubling down on stooopid.

I keep trying to think of ways to retaliate. All I can think of is to get rid of our money. We have been SO good and careful and prudent...apparently that's stupid because now the government will take most of it.

Oh yes, please do get rid of it. Then when Obama's term is over, and you realize none of the feverish delusions you had have come true, you can at least spend the rest of your life knowing what a fool you were to succumb to ODS for 8 years. Then maybe you'll pass on this lesson and the country will be improved overall.
arrete wrote: When he gets it, I hope he has a nice little ditty thanking FMNH.

If I had to get a puke green star by responding to FMNH, I'd rather kill myself.
<I can remember way back when I was in high school my father telling me that the Red Cross couldn't hold a candle to the Salvation Army when it came to being there for the troops in Europe when he served in WWII.>

I remember my father often going off about the Red Cross when he was a lowly GI in WWII. He would not talk about his wartime experiences unless something triggered it. The goods the RC distributed to the troops were either donated to them or purchased with donated monies. Yet they routinely charged the GIs for coffee and ciggs. His dissatisfaction with them stuck with him for the rest of his life. When I was a kid one time they sent a fundraiser thing home with us kids to collect change for the Red Cross. My dad refused to participate.

I don't recall him ever having any harsh words for the Salvation Army. I'm sure he came into contact with them through his tour of duty in Europe, which included a few days at a French beach (Omaha Beach) in early June 1944. He told me that the reason why he survived and the guy next to him did not as they moved up on the beach was that "he zigged and I zagged". I'm sure Art could give us an interpretation of just what that means. Some things in life end up simply being random. As such, the more time one spends trying to figure out WHY on a micro level, the more your head will hurt.

I remember reading about Kurt Vonnegut becoming a POW during the Battle of the Bulge. They went through some horrible times being marched 50 miles without food or water. A number of them died. They eventually were crowded onto a train car for several days. While the cars were wating in the rail yard, some allied planes came through and blew up a couple of the train cars killing about 150 POWs, but not Kurt.

Many POWs died from fatigue, the cold conditions, the lack of food or dysentery. Vonnegut kept surviving through all of this. He was then taken to Dresden where his captors told him he would at least be able to quietly sit out the rest of the war. Then Dresden a non military city was totally destroyed through an intense firebombing by the Allies in Feb 1945. Some 130k people died from that, but Vonnegut was spared as he and his fellow prisoners were kept in underground meat lockers. Others died afterwards from having to collect and remove the huge number of bodies above ground. Ultimately that is where his iconic novel Slaughterhouse 5 came from.

I'm sure in his travels as a GI he often zigged when someone else zagged too.

B
----------------

When he gets it, I hope he has a nice little ditty thanking FMNH.

arrete

------------------------

Much of credit will have to go the regular hayseeds here who irritate FMNH enough to get him to post his codswallop.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Much of credit will have to go the regular hayseeds here who irritate FMNH enough to get him to post his codswallop.

First of all, I learned a new word today thanks to BHM.

Secondly, it doesn't take much to get FMNH to publically display his cluelessness. It is weird form of exhibitionism. Maybe he doesn't have trench coat, so he comes here instead?
wolverine wrote: It is weird form of exhibitionism. Maybe he doesn't have trench coat, so he comes here instead?

Well, if he's displaying his "credentials," he's very short-sighted.
I gave some money to the Salvation Army specifically for NY. And while I'm on the subject....I have heard, from very reliable sources, that the Red Cross is so bloated and tied up in red tape that they are virtually useless. The millions they are collecting right now (thanks to the endless media drumbeating )probably go to bloated salaries for their executives and for any project they choose. They are very careful to say that you are donating to "disasters that the Red Cross responds to". That means they put your money wherever they want. NY may not see a dime. Had a niece who went down to help after Katrina and she was disgusted by what she saw from the Red Cross. How come we never hear anything about any of this from our "media"? I support the Salvation Army. According to my niece, they did a great job during Katrina and their CEO takes a salary of like $1,000. Red Cross CEO: over a million dollars. Gotta love these "not for profits" who are so condescending about profit making companies while they are laughing all the way to their banks.

Thank you for this info. I'll keep it in mind. I wish I had known these things earlier.

I gave $50 to the Red Cross right after Katrina. Now I'm feelling like I've been had.
I definitely feel like an outsider with gay groups. -LD

You and me both. In fact, I no longer attend Pride Fest these days, even though it takes place literally a stone's throw from my apartment.

Even all the way back in the '80s I was getting tired of going to Pride rallies and being told (in so many words) that gay rights and abortion rights and socialism were a package deal. So much for diversity.
Advertisement