Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19222  
Subject: Re: The Christmas Tree Date: 12/20/2013 8:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I am so glad you asked this question.
Last year, for the first time in over 40 years, we did not put up a real tree as we were in the process of selling our apartment in the city. We found a tiny little ornamental tree that was battery operated with lights. We put it in the window of our apartment. We were not sad about that non-tree because my husband was getting ready to retire and we were moving on.
Fast forward to this Christmas. We went to a local nursery and found a mid-sized tree. My two little granddaughters (who live close by) couldn't wait to decorate Grandma and Grandpa's tree. They were there to help us within an hour of our bringing the tree in the front door!
My daughter told us not to include the fancy, glass ornaments and so we took those out of the boxes. We hadn't realized how many ornaments we had collected over the years, most of them being child friendly!
The girls were delighted to find Lucy, Peppermint Patty, Snoopy, and other Charlie Brown ornaments. They squealed as they hung them on the tree. Of course, our tree was bottom heavy with ornaments but there was a lone ornament on the very bottom of a branch, sitting there all by itself, that was absolutely magnificent because it was hung by one of our granddaughters, most like the baby!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement