UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: matkimj Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6326  
Subject: Re: Is Technical Analysis Voodoo Date: 1/7/2001 12:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I am so happy that there are still a lot of people who do not believe in technical analysis.

The more there are, the more they contribute to my early retirement fund.

Thank so much.

By the way, do you know that of all of the professional careers out there, mathematicians are among the poorest, especially the ones who specialize in the random theory.

These are probably the same guys you mentioned above. You know the ones that say they will have the same chance of hitting by cars on the freeway whether they are on the right side or not.

Since they say it is very random, and unpredictable, just ask them to buy a stock in the downtrend and see how it fairs. They probably will do so. Since it is random, the chance for a stock to go up in the down trend is the same as for the stock in the uptrend.

Anyway enough jokes.

Just be careful of what you are reading. It is true the mathematicians you talked about can never find a formula to predict the price nor the trend. However to make money in the stock market, you only need to identify the trend when it forms, and not trying to predict when and if it will happen. Just remember, there are 11,000 selections outthere anyday, and even not to mention the other 15,000 mutual funds.

Big Institution, mutual funds, investment advisors or so...have been really pushed and supported such theories to imply that individual investors have less chance of succeed by doing it alone, and should leave the money with them.

Second of all, the majority of people outthere buy a stock for investment because there is a "valid investment cause". If we starts an investment company, go around and say you do not need to know what the companies are doing, or how they are doing in years to come to invest, people probably label you "being crazy".

That is why, you, my friend, has been contributing your hard earned money to those who know how read charts. Since I am one of them, I have to say "thank you"

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement