Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am sorry to say that the answer to your question is no. You will need to file your childs return for him or her. If you want your child to have an advantage in life, you may want to establish an IRA for your child. With this amount of earnings and then deduct that amount off their taxes. You have until 04.15.00 to fund the IRA and what a great gift for your child future. Just some thing to think about.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.