No. of Recommendations: 0
I am using Q Deluxe 2k, and I recently downloaded all of my portfolio info from my online provider. When Quicken tallies up the total, it is dropping $1200 from my money market account...it just refuses to recognize it. It recognizes all of my purchases of mutual funds and stocks, calculates the total, etc., but just seems to skip on the money market account. Any ideas?

Is that $1200 represent all of the cash in your portfolio? If it does I suspect you have a linked cash account. Check for a second account with a similar name as your brokerage account that is marked cash. In my account with Etrade all cash activities such is dividends and any checks written happen in this account. The cash is routinely sweep into a money market fund of my choosing. When I purchase a stock the cash to pay for the it comes from this account.
The other account only shows the current total of the stocks or funds I have bought.
Good Luck
Kurt
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement