No. of Recommendations: 3
I am very "type A" myself so I fit in well. Others who were more slackers found themselves getting pushed out soon enough.

Not me, I'm lazy.

This has made me very desirable at my company.

Ok, I'll come into a new position, or help someone out and they will have to do a ton of work putting stuff together. Case in point, a couple months ago I helped out a coworker while she was on an extended leave. She had a quarterly report she had to check for accuracy against several systems. It took her a couple weeks to compile the data and run it through so she could do analysis.

I took one look at it and said "Bugger that, I don't want to do all that".

So I ripped the process apart and automated it. Now you spend 15 minutes setting it up, push a button and the computer runs for a day and at the end it spits out the right stuff in order for you to do a good analysis. That's the fun part.

Ok, some people will call that a passion for efficiency but it is just not wanting to do some awful task over and over. When I started here I was asigned a job of updating 250 links to the current month. This had been done by hand. Way to much work, I automated that which saved the department a lot of time, and me doing a lot of crap work.

And thus, people like to get me in their department because the department works smoother by the time I leave. I have good prospects because I am lazy.

Ford
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement