Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I am wondering where I should provide the list of companies and dividends for "Qualified dividends" reported in box 9b of form 1040.

In the work papers you keep to support your tax return.

Qualified dividends are a subset of ordinary dividends. You already told the IRS what your total dividends were on schedule B (and on line 9a). The entry on line 9b tells them how much of the total dividends are qualified. You don't need to report any detail for that line.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.