UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 62968  
Subject: Re: Poll: the 50% Social Security spousal benefi Date: 12/12/2012 8:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I assume you mean you are having an artificial lens inserted. I have two such lenses. The procedure, while scary to think about, is painless and fast. No lasers. Compared to a dental filling, this is easy.

I had a cataract removed and the lens replaced. I didn't find it totally painless and fast (time does not fly when you're undergoing weirdness), but then I agreed to be part of a study using a laser to remove the cataract. They gave me extra WooWoo drugs since my normal 118/72 BP shot up to 144/something--and that was in the prep room(!)...but not enough to make me find it comfortable. I didn't enjoy getting poked in my eye, stretching out the lids, pressure on my eye or what I could see with my eye forced open (which in itself is unpleasant although not painful). With my eye forced open, it was very bright and sort of a curvy, lumpy kaleidoscope of white and black orgganic weirdness. I will be slow to do the other eye, but that cataract is tiny yet. The drops I've been using to prep for the past few days sting now, but that's to be expected, and they only sting for a minute each (although that's 12 drops of sting a day!)--now that I think about it, they mostly sting on the inside of the lower lid--perhaps it's sore from being held open.

Neck & neck with major dental work IMO, although I don't have residual ache like I do with dental work.

There were a few nice things about it...I had a pleasant conversation with a retired fisherman/shrimper in the waiting room, the staff was uniformly pleasant and my pep cube had a full view of the "nurse's station so I could see their camaraderie, they had a lovely large painting by one of my favorite low country artists (Margaret Petterson) in full view of my prep cubicle. Most of all, I can see that the cataract is gone, but my eye is a bit burry both with and without glasses. I'll discuss that at my followup in the morning.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Russia Collapsing Again?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement