UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740970  
Subject: Re: Hugging in Baseball - enough Date: 10/28/2012 3:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I believe I am TMF’s only faux-Shakespeare writer as is evidenced in my determined effort to whine and self-promote myself towards The Feste Award. (see http://boards.fool.com/the-feste-award-115596.aspx?mid=30112... ).

What I like about Shakespeare in 25 words or less: he knew how to put bums on seats at The Globe Theater. Moreover, those bums stayed on the seats sufficiently they also spent money at the theater’s concession stand (true: there was a winkle stall at the main entrance).

Point about Shakespeare’s language: it was common vernacular understandable in all its nuances by those bums on the seats. Shakespeare didn’t put sly references to go over the heads of those in the Globe: they well knew.

What I don’t like about Shakespeare is how people read his lines. Sure, they’re written in a form to be learned by an actor but not spoken as written. Passion lies beneath.

Anyway, some faux Shakespeare just for the late summer madness of it.

AOLFoolman : “Have you seen the like?
Grown men as the likes of a small child and his nurse holding to each other.
It is unseemly.”

MichaelR: “Unseemly? They won the battle and live to see another day.
Is that not cause for camaraderie expressed?
Their enemies are vanquished and their forces lessened.”

AOLFoolman :”Yet as giants should they not act as giants?
As Olympians not be Olympic?
Yes, to cheer a victory is a right to the victor yet to hold each other as bride and groom is unsuitable.
Their captains should call to cease this. It is unseemly.”

MichaelR: “In Boswell Field men died in the arms of other men. If that in death why not in life?
Protest, dear Foolman, but protest to what? Joy?

AOLFoolman : “Not complaint as life yet complaint as to this unseemliness not being as winners but appearing as lost lovers.”

MichaelR: “Does not the blackamoor hoot when the game he sought is at his feet?
Does not the hunter call for congratulations at the tiger’s end?
How is this done but through closeness with those also on the hunt?”

Enter TMFTwitty from stage right.

Richard : “You doing this again, Michael? Lordy, I thought you got this out of your system. Give over. Do something worthwhile. You’re going gung ho on Help With This Home Theater board so shoemaker stick to your last.”

MichaelR exits chased by a bear market.

MichaelR
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Ubiquiti Analysis
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement