UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (96) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127729  
Subject: Re: question: down payment on my first home Date: 5/16/2013 1:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I believe that every document can be legally modified before signing it, just that most people don't take the time to do so and don't believe in their own ability as an individual to confront a bank or a company.

I once tried to do this on behalf of a borrower who was a lawyer and just didn't think a certain provision was helpful to him. I spent hours and hours trying to reach someone at Fannie Mae who would even discuss the issue.

Please save yourself the effort. The loan documents that millions of Americans sign every day are poured over by attorneys who work for Fannie Mae so as to be uniform. They're not going to modify any of them for one lone borrower. They're just not.

http://www.freddiemac.com/uniform/unifsecurity.html
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (96) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Deranged Monkey Criticism

Amazon: What Bezos Believes
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement