No. of Recommendations: 0
I bought a Harry Potter book, hoping I will have the time to read it ... but I just never did. But I am still keeping it coz one day, my 2-year-old will be twelve and may want to read it then...

LOL! Gosh, that just hit my funny bone somehow.

I got all the Harry Potters from the library a while back and totally enjoyed them, my kind of book.

I think why it struck me funny is I carried around a ragged old copy of Kipling's Just So Stories for decades, though many moves. And my step daughter did enjoy it. I treasured it because my mother and grandmother read to me from it when I was little.

I was still hanging on to it, for grand kids, when I saw it in the bookstore. Somehow it hadn't hit my brain that there was more than one copy in the whole world. I guess because it was mystically entwined with my young childhood. I sent it to Goodwill and when grandkid is old enough to enjoy it I'll have Amazon or Half.com ship one that isn't falling apart direct to them.

Reader99
By the banks of the great grey-green greasy Limpopo River, all set about with fever-trees.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement