Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tlwingate Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58  
Subject: I-Bus Subsidiary Date: 11/26/1998 11:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Maxwell Technologies I-Bus Subsidiary Opens Office in Germany
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 23, 1998--Maxwell Technologies Inc. (NMS:MXWL) today announced the opening of an office in Munich, Germany for its I-Bus subsidiary.

"The opening of our office in Germany further solidifies our presence in, and commitment to, the European market as the industrial computer solution provider," said John Werderman, president of I-Bus. "Germany is a leading user of industrial computers in Europe, and we have put into place a seasoned team to serve this large and growing market."

The opening of the German office follows I-Bus' acquisition of TriMAP Ltd., based in the United Kingdom, and the opening of an office in France earlier this year.

I-Bus Germany will support a full line that includes both basic industrial PC products and sophisticated fault-tolerant systems. The group of products and their prices can be found in the German language catalog, which is in the process of being distributed.

"It is Maxwell Technologies intent to leverage the I-Bus international expansion for our other subsidiaries," said Tom Horgan, interim chief executive officer of Maxwell. "As such, we look forward to the opening of the German office to provide the catalyst for creating in-country presence for the remaining business areas."

"I-Bus is committed to supporting the European market, specifically telecom, following deregulation earlier this year," said Mark Ponsford, vice president of worldwide sales and marketing. "We continue to expand our offices and provide global solutions with local support, and Germany offers a major opportunity for I-Bus to better serve the European market."

I-Bus is an ISO 9001 quality certified world leader in the design, manufacture and support of high performance CPU boards, backplanes, and enclosures based on passive backplane and CompactPCI technology for industrial-grade computer systems. I-Bus offers customized, partnership-oriented services focused on meeting the needs of OEMs including purchasing partnerships, stable supply, configuration control, complete system integration and test services.

I-Bus is a Maxwell Technologies company. Maxwell Technologies is a leader in pulsed power technologies, providing pulsed power based systems and components for a wide range of commercial applications and research and development for both commercial customers and the U.S. government. The company's advanced technology solutions address diverse markets such as utilities, telecommunications, medical equipment and products, food processing and packaging, and transportation. The company also offers industrial computers and subsystems, primarily to OEMs in computer telephony and other markets, and software products and services, both for government research and for various commercial applications.

Except for historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in this news release are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including product development based on new technologies, applications and acceptance of new products in major markets, demand for the OEM's product reaching anticipated levels, the impact of competitive products and pricing, risks and uncertainties involved in foreign operations, and other risks detailed from time-to-time in the company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended July 31, 1998. Actual results may differ materially from those projected. These forward-looking statements represent the company's judgment as of the date of this release. The company disclaims, however, any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements.

Larry Selwitz, 949/645-8410
Eugene Anton, 714/426-0228
or
Hilary Kaye Associates
Mike Kilroy, 619/576-7547
13:45 EST NOVEMBER 23, 1998

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Reestablishing the Middle Class
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement