UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: catmeyoo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744608  
Subject: Re: sooooo, tomorrow Date: 12/31/2012 5:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I buy my calendars at the Dollar Tree store for $1.00 each. I learned that you have to early, like mid October or otherwise all that are left are Kitten and Puppy calendars and I sure don't want to be stuck looking at kitties and puppies all year! I like buying tropical island, Island paradise, dolphins & whales, seacoasts, Nature calendars. -- Art

Most of my calendars are book style because I have to write a lot of notes on them. I do have one hanging calendar in the kitchen. Nebraska's Attorney General sends it out every year. Each month where there could have been a photograph of the Sandhills or the Univ. of Nebraska Cornhuskers, instead there is some consumer advice. January has information about the Consumer Protection Division and how it can help Nebraskans, along with the toll free consumer hotline number (there is a special hotline number for seniors). I use that calendar because I figure my enormous NE state taxes helped pay for it.

I put it up a week or so ago but took it down today and put a note in each day's January block alerting me to a 20 minute household task that must be done that day. Tomorrow's household task is" surface clean living room and kitchen (pick up stray items, dust, sweep, vacuum)". If I don't finish all that in 20 minutes it is all right because I get to spend another 20 minutes doing the same thing on Saturday the 5th, and so on.

I got this new system from a post on the Organizing Board which I can’t find now so don’t know who to credit. I quite liked the system-- it is designed to have your house clean from top to bottom by spending 20 minutes a day for 30 days. I expect each month the end result is even better as you continue the pattern over a year.

Here is the link for people who like trying new house management systems:
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/the-schedule-house-cleaning-...

Scroll down past the general advice to the list of 30 things

I do like your idea Art about the Dollar Store. We have a dollar store in Chadron—you can’t use your credit card when you buy there so I have stayed away because I like using a credit card whenever possible for the Amazon points. It might be fun to pay a visit, look over their calendars and other things they might have out there.

Sometimes it pays to shop at WalMart. I pay a lot to Mead every year for a number of their calendars I buy annually —they alert me it is time in August and I just put in my order for the next year.. While browsing one day I noticed WalMart carries some of them at reduced prices. The college bookstore carries some of them too, but charges more than buying them directly from Mead.

I sent my 3 grandchildren hanging calendars from Daedalus this year and an extra in case someone didn’t like the one they got. I sent the oldest girl (11) a Gustave Klimt reproductions calendar because she is very into oils and pastels—but she ended up wanting one of the kitties and puppies calendars. I picked kitties and puppies for the youngest who is just 4 and photographs of clouds for the middle one who is 5 and my namesake, and they both said they loved theirs and hung them in their rooms. The extra was of kitties and puppies thank goodness. I think the reason the oldest did not want to hang the Klimt is because there was a nude and a cherub in one painting and it embarrassed her. I hadn’t thought of nudes when I ordered the calendar. Wait until she is studying art and a live nude comes in and poses and she must sketch him or her. She better get over any squeamishness.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement