Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SmallCapKing Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22  
Subject: Re: jade Date: 9/16/2007 11:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I came upon this stock upon a recommendation from a Chinese business man I met, he said he would recommend it long-term over almost any other stock because of its margins and upcoming growth rate, and jewelry is big right now in China.

I have only traded it since March, and I have not established a long position yet, although at $5.75 or so as of Friday I am going to start after the Fed meeting.

Having watched this stock for awhile, I honestly think that until things clear up with the delisting and until the hedge fund redemptions clear up through September 30th, this stock will be pressured. BUT, it is also a great time to pick this stock up at the current price. Retail is down, riskiness is down, and this stock will get an updraft when people but the NASDAQ and the retail etf's in the Fall.

I like it under $6, but I would caution against buying all at once, because I think we will see further pressure in the coming week or two based on the high volume selling even through Friday.

For some more credibility, this man spoke fluent Mandarin and Chinese, and recommended one other stock to me that day in February. That stock was EMU (uranium stock) at around $7, which I later sold for an 150% gain in four short months.

There is no rational reason why JADE has dropped so much after merely saying at the ROTH conference that they would have a 1-time tax charge and there are soft US saled (we all knew that).

This stock has amazing potential, and its unique position in the jewelry world of being able to cut its own stones gives it super-high margins in the world's fastest growing economy, where jewelry will be used for status. AND, 100 stores by August 2008, and I am guessing another 100 or so by 2010. Even if we go into recession, this stock will not stay under $6, but may dip down to where it started, aroung $4.50, in the short term.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement