Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I can contribute to an HSA without earned income, though, so I'll do that.
But how much can I contribute?

I haven't been able to find out if the catch-up amount of $1000 is for an individual or for family.
Everywhere I look it isn't clear. It is $3400 for an individual and $6750 for family.
Plus $1000 if you are over 55. But nowhere does it says if that is $1000 for an individual or family. What if both of us are over 55?

I suspect what we can contribute is $7750 but it's not clear.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.