Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: bznuts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 33  
Subject: Re: stock decision Date: 4/30/1999 8:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I can't even front. I haven't had a chance to do any stock analysis this past week, so I'll concede to the group consensus. I do have one question.

SHAWN: How are you buying the shares for our investment club?

If you are using an online brokerage account like E*trade or Witt Capital I think we should definiteley think about accumulating some quick capital so that we can take advantage of these hot tech stock IPO's. Right now as we speak (or read) there are 80 tech stock IPOs on deck for the next few months. Most of the tech stocks are pricing anywhere from $16 - $24 dollars, so I realize that it will take a while to accumulate the base of ~$1800 necessary to get in on one, but the potential to more than double our base is there.

This past month Fred and I kept a log of all of the tech stock IPO's offered by WITT and hypothetically if we could have gotten in on all of the one's we targeted as good buys. Our initial investment of ~10K would have been worth ~45K at the end of the month.

just throwin' it out there for future consideration.

I guess I agree with Jaasi (i think it was you). The stock that you think will damn near double this month sounds cool. I would love to see us keep the monthly contributions coming in and then when we get near the magic ~$1800 or $2K...WATCHOUT NOW!!!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement