Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I can't quite follow youR post's problem because you don't usually pay AMT istallments separately from your normal tax obligation. You should do one of 2 things, however:
1. if your tax will be lower this year than 2008, get a 2210 tax calculator from the web to determine your minimum required installments. It will factor in your withholding.
2. If your tax will be more than last year, be sure you have paid in with wihholing and installment payments at least 1/4 of last year's tax each quarter (110% of last year's tax if your AGI last year waws over $150k.

Withholding can be averaged over all 4 quarters so if you have a source of voluntary withholding you can adjust everything in December with an extra withholding.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.