Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I cook salmon at least once a week so I am always looking for new ideas.

this year I've started fixing "packet salmon"--salmon baked in parchment.

JAPANESE SALMON PACKEt
On a piece of parchment 8-12" square, place a salmon filet, 1/2 tsp sesame oil (I like Kadoya), a thinly sliced shiitake mushroom, a little chopped scallion or a couple of thin slices of shallot and maybe a little minced or pressed garlic and/or grated ginger root, 1/2 tsp soy sauce or coconut aminos, and a sprinkle of hot Japanese pepper. Optional splash of mirin, sake, or rice vinegar. Fold or roll up the packet horizontally, then tuck the sides under. Bake at 400F for 10-20 minutes, depending on thickness of the fish.

MEDItERANNEAN SALMON PACKEt
On the salmon fillet, add 1/2-1 tsp flavorful olive oil and two or more of the following: a little chopped tomato or sun-dried tomato, a couple of sliced kalamata olives, chopped fresh parsley and/or basil and/or fresh or dried oregano, minced garlic and/or thinly sliced shallot.

INDIAN SALMON PACKEt
Add a dab of coconut oil, thinly sliced shallot and/or garlic and/or grated ginger, 1-2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk, 1 tsp curry powder or equivalent amount of curry spices. Serve with a little chopped cilantro.

SCANDINAVIAN SALMON PACKEt
Add olive oil, thinly sliced onion or shallot, capers, fresh dill, s&p. I think sour cream would work, but I haven't tried it in the packet yet.

FRENCH SALMON PACKEt
Add a pat of butter, thinly sliced fennel bulb, thinly sliced shallot, a lemon slice.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement