No. of Recommendations: 1
I determined that I should be able to contribute to a Roth through 2008 which will be when my income is too high to contribute any more...what happens to my Roth then?

You can still keep the account. You just can't contribute more to it until your earnings fall below the limit.

Should I make a separate retirement account now to start contributing to?

IRA contributions by themselves are not really enough to fund a retirement. You really need more retirement savings than just an IRA. So if you're not contributing to a 401k or other retirement plan at work, it would be a good idea to start saving for retirement in an ordinary (not tax advantaged) account.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.