No. of Recommendations: 0
I did know about the check boxes to skip a download, but my securities list is long and it gets tiresome to hunt for the specific stocks to uncheck each time since the list isn't saved between sessions. Did I miss another feature to save these settings between downloads?

In Q99 Dlx you can customize your donwload list. From the bottom of your home page below your watch list click "get online qoutes and news", then make sure there is a checkmark next to online quotes. Click customize and add or clear checkmarks from the list of securities shown, then click OK. You can also add new securities to this list in this dialog box. Then click "update now", assuming you are logged on and you are done. The next time you want to download quotes quicken will only download from the list you customized.
I have used this feature for stocks & funds I have sold and don't wish to track any longer. Also mergers and name/ticker changes. And of course whenever a new company is purchased.Yippee!

Hope this helps,
Kurt
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement