UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: PharmBoi One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75794  
Subject: Re: Using IRA for real estate investing Date: 5/14/2004 12:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I didn't enquire about these other fees but expect them to be in line with normal RE closing costs.

Pensco have a free, very informative, 48 page e-book on their site at http://www.pensco.com/RealEstateMain.asp. I recommend it to anyone who is looking into IRA investing as it gives a substantial list of what you can (and cannot) invest in. You can even fund your own start-up company! Unfortunately, it cannot be printed but they have had many calls regarding adding that feature, which they are 'looking into'.

One thing I did learn from reading it, is that my IRA cannot be more than a 25% owner of any property that the C Corp owns, which brought about the question of non-IRA cash ownership, i.e can I have another, non-IRA stake in the partnership. This has led to many 'Homeresque', DUH's!, but when I find out, I'll post, unless someone here has experienced this before (the ownership Q, not the duh!).

PB
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement