UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jalex9 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 381  
Subject: Re: Many Certificates couple questions Date: 6/17/2001 11:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I didn't really expect anyone to start digging up info on 80 year old stock certificates. That help would be great but I would really like to have my general questions answered by you knowledgable on the one at scriptophilly.com being worthless or the company in Colorado that is now using the name of an old mining company meaning anything that I mentioned in the previous post.

And another question.

"Generally speaking, searches on old oil and mining companies tend to come up bust. "

I'm feeling lucky then. I have some for The Moreno-Cripple Creek Corporation 1951. Seems they became Moreno Uranium, then were bought by Envirosearch who became EVRO Corporation who bought and changed their name to Channel America Broadcasting. They then merged with Advantage Life Products (ADVT) in Oct 1989. They don't seem to have any value any more but it sure was fun researching.

It does bring up another question though. I know that Moreno Uranium did a 10-1 reverse split with Envirosearch corporation in 1970 Making the 450 shares of Moreno Uranium 45 of Envirosearch, if this happened 2 more times I would have .45 shares of ADVT. Would it even be worth persuing in that case?

I did find the last transfer agent of ADVT and asked them to tell me the aquisition and merger history and all they did was give me the address of the current owner/president. I sent him a letter and am waiting for the reply. Aren't they the ones to answer that?

I definately don't have any hope of money on this one but maybe the others???

Thanks for any help on any of my questions,

Jeff
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement