UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (52) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: 2gifts Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75381  
Subject: Re: Wade Pfau: 3% is the new 4% SWR? Date: 3/9/2014 2:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I didn't say they weren't effective for the service industry, I question why you would want to use someone who needed this approach to build clients rather than via referrals. It's like in real estate...open houses are staffed by junior agents looking to get buyers to represent...they are almost never used with the expectation of selling that particular home and rarely staffed by an experienced agent. They won't waste their time that way.

Actually, I am using someone I met through one of those seminars, but we didn't start to use him until years after the seminar and after test-driving someone else first.

The big reason these guys do this is because they are building their business, and this reaches a lot of pre-screened prospects quickly. Since they are building their business, referrals may not yet be plentiful because they have to start somewhere.

I wouldn't discount someone just because they like to cast a wide net.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (52) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement