Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I didn't see anything in TT communiy to help.

However, if you go to the CEF site via Yahoo, you can get

(1) a link to the CEF home page and there is some sketchy information about the form needed for filing, and a copy of the form (8621), and

(2) if you look at the CEF message board (at the same Yahoo site), there is a discussion on "a plea for tax help". While this is no tax expert, there are a few comments that seem to tell about filing the 8621.

As for the sale, I believe this is treated as a regular stock sale on Part "D".

If all else fails, you may want to try calling the company Investor Relations.

I'm also no tax expert, just tried to find some help.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.