UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: harmy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6186  
Subject: Re: ARB - How the Funds Buy Date: 1/31/2002 2:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I do agree with Barcoo, if you understand and have confidence in the company then the selling down provides the buying opportunities

Wayjo
Yes - you're probably right in this case. However, having followed the US market for some time and seen the blatant manipulation that goes on I can't help being suspicious when I see figures similar to the ones you posted on ARB.
I think that, for me, one of the more difficult things to get my head around is the extremely thin trading in some Oz stocks. One of the stocks I hold sometimes only has one or two trades a day. As a consequence one buy or sell can push the price up or down considerably. This is where FA comes into its own and you make a decision based on FA alone and ignore what the short term charts are saying.
Regards
Harmy

PS Anyone looked at AUO recently ?? - I first suggested the board look at it when it was at 35c - it is now at 50c and looks as though it could go higher. Long term this looks to be a winner.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement