Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (50) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Calabogie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36696  
Subject: Re: Averaging Date: 7/20/2001 1:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

I do average down. This IS suppose to be a ST board. I seem to see a little bit too much DT angles tossed out as rules in here for my taste lately.

I see myself in this market for alongtime. I also see myself more as a LTBHer that will play a ST or even DT trade if it presents it's self. Like RayRH. I go into companies I trust to be in for along time. I'm in things like CAKE & EPG now. I KNOW that Companies like them will come out the otherside of The CA courts & down seasonal time & over all market drops & the like.

It seems to me to be getting lost in the fog, Things like, After one year the level it becomes a proft because the change in CG tax rate makes a differance too. Slow down & smell the roses, & look into your companies & entry a tiny bit more for your stress level sake.

Good post Carolyn! Stick to your style and no one else should be able to change that! If it makes you happy and successful then that's what you should be doing.

Many of the companies I STT are companies that I believe are good LT stocks as well, like LINK and LENS. I would suggest you use stops like Jean said since they can save you a lot of money in the future but everyone has their own way.

You go girl! LOL
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (50) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement