Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I do have family (two daughters and two GK) living close by. The question is, do I want to be a burden? Or do I want to spend lots of $$$$ of their inheritance money not to burden them. Choices, choices.

Birgit

My Will will read: “Being of sound mind, I spent it all while I was alive.”

I have received several inheritances; glad for getting them, yet I wonder how much better they would have lived if they had spent it on themselves.

I am 71 and when I kick the bucket Elly gets it all and I hope she has a blast with it even to the point of boy-toys. Until then I will spend on life’s better things: like getting that Yamaha Z-11 A/V amp with HDMI to feed the present 60-in. LG plasma which has as its present feed last year’s flagship Z-9 – so passé). And I am so enjoying the new PSB S Series dipole surround speakers. I have to tell you, having 13 speakers as a base for surround is mighty nice.

Actually, I am getting ready to re-carpet my house, get a new TV. So I think I will stay for a while.

Now you’re talking. Get carpeting with the best underlay so when you walk on it barefoot your toes squish into it and you like it so much you retrace your steps. When you decide on the TV let me know and I’ll help you choose but right off I’d suggest a nice 42-in. LCD with good internal speakers – it’ll cost less than the carpeting but it’ll be nice.

Think of it this way: when the grandkids come over and they do watch TV with you you’ll have much enjoyment right now than if you left in your Will enough for them to buy a better TV.

Hedonism in the pursuit of happiness is no vice.

MichaelR
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement