No. of Recommendations: 1
I do know that some employers monitor employees social media. Every now and then you hear about an employee fired because of something they posted about the company on Facebook, or a tweet they sent out. At a former employer, HR wanted to connect with me on LinkedIn, presumably so they could see if I ever put out feelers for fresh opportunities.

My LinkedIn profile has whatever status just about everyone has that implies that they're not actively looking but "ya' never know," or whatever's close to that.

Fuskie
Who thinks if an employer is in fact catfishing their employees, it's not a company he'd want to be working for...

Sort of agree...but with 22 months to go to a potential FI/RE date, I'd rather not lose the pay/benefits/etc right now.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement