No. of Recommendations: 1
I do know that some employers monitor employees social media. Every now and then you hear about an employee fired because of something they posted about the company on Facebook, or a tweet they sent out. At a former employer, HR wanted to connect with me on LinkedIn, presumably so they could see if I ever put out feelers for fresh opportunities.

My LinkedIn profile has whatever status just about everyone has that implies that they're not actively looking but "ya' never know," or whatever's close to that.

Fuskie
Who thinks if an employer is in fact catfishing their employees, it's not a company he'd want to be working for...

Sort of agree...but with 22 months to go to a potential FI/RE date, I'd rather not lose the pay/benefits/etc right now.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I do know that some employers monitor employees social media. Every now and then you hear about an employee fired because of something they posted about the company on Facebook, or a tweet they sent out. At a former employer, HR wanted to connect with me on LinkedIn, presumably so they could see if I ever put out feelers for fresh opportunities.

Fuskie
Who thinks if an employer is in fact catfishing their employees, it's not a company he'd want to be working for...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Orbital ATK (OA), Titan International (TWI), Time Warner (TWX), Global Payments (GPN)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: http://tinyurl.com/FoolCode
No. of Recommendations: 1

My LinkedIn profile has whatever status just about everyone has that implies that they're not actively looking but "ya' never know," or whatever's close to that.

Fuskie

Sort of agree...but with 22 months to go to a potential FI/RE date, I'd rather not lose the pay/benefits/etc right now.
Advertisement