UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: vs101 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5162  
Subject: Re: New day Date: 7/3/2012 3:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I do not believe NOK is a great investment. Take it for what it is worth. In 1997, Apple was in a similar situation. People thought it would go bankrupt. Aswath Damodaran (Professor at NYU) bought Apple as an investment which he calls, way out of the money call option. He held till about recently and made a killing on it.

He is doing the same with Nokia, however I do not believe that the same outcome is guaranteed or even viable.

Apple had the right vision, they just had to execute on it. Nokia is a problem child of the smartphone revolution. They are like Kodak, where Kodak failed to capitalize on digital cameras and got killed.

Apple had the closed model right from the beginning. Hardware / software all together. This gives the user a complete experience and they can control what people are running on their devices, which gives them and the developers a great way to handle the content. With music, movies, phone and internet in all one place, Apple is in control of everything a consumer needs in a device. It is near impossible for Nokia to imitate that.

If this is money you can gamble with, just leave it in there. Maybe one day Nokia will shine. If not, I would recommend selling and buying Apple instead. I think even from here, Apple will beat Nokia in the long run.

Just my 2c.

Vish
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement