UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: aj485 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35345  
Subject: Re: Lokicious’ Useless Bond FAQ Date: 5/12/2013 6:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 16

I DO NOT HAVE THE SAME EDITORIAL PRIVILEGES AS A BOARD MONITOR OR CENSOR, JUST NO ONE WHO POSTS DOES. THE AUTHOR OF A POST, ANY POST, CANNOT RE-OPEN THE POST AND EDIT IT. INSTEAD, HE OR SHE MUST FLAG THE POST AND THEN BEG THE CENSORS FOR PERMISSION TO EDIT IT.

Yes, I realize that. You don't have to shout.

That ability was never provided for a very good reason - to prevent people from going back and changing posts with recommendations after the fact and I see no reason to change that rule just for you.

That privilege is NOT necessary to develop FAQs for the boards, and while I wasn't around when Loki was developing the FAQs for this board, I doubt that those privileges were provided, as I have not seen them provided when other board FAQs were developed. So, unless you can provide some evidence that these privileges were granted, I don't see why you would require them to develop FAQs.

THAT IS BULLSH*T, TOTAL BULLSH*T, AND I REFUSE TO COMPROMISE THE SPEED AND QUALITY AT WHICH I COULD WORK BY SUBMITTING TO THAT DRACONIAN PROCESS.

It's called developing in another format (Word, Google Doc, Open Office, Notepad, etc.) and then proofreading before submitting. But if you feel more strongly about cramping your style than you feel about getting different FAQs posted, then I guess you should quit complaining about the FAQs. I, for one, found the FAQs more useful than you seem to, and would be disappointed if the link to those FAQs was disabled, even after a new FAQ was posted.

EITHER TMF LEARNS TO RESPECT THE INTEGRITY OF THOSE WHO ENABLED THE VIABILITY OF TMF THROUGH THEIR POSTING OF ORIGINAL, CREATIVE MATERIAL --AND, FURTHERMORE, CEDES ALL OWNERSHIP OF THAT MATERIAL TO THE AUTHORS -- OR YOU CAN GO TO HELL.

You were the one who brought up the issue. All I'm saying is that if you aren't willing to fix it, quit complaining. This isn't your own personal Bond board, even though it might appear to be to a recent casual observer - it's the Bonds & Fixed Income Investments board in the Investing Strategies of TMF's board structure. You are perfectly welcome to go open your own Bond board where you can control the content and discussion to your heart's content if you don't like what's posted here.

AJ
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement