Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: fietser Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 30418  
Subject: Re: Carb spikes and cravings. Date: 10/4/2002 7:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I do think reading all the research is interesting! I just question whether the first response to a carb craving should be “eat carbs!” And I have to say, the human body continuously amazes me.

Ditto.. and it is one of the reasons I'm enthusiastic now. I'm feeling like treating myself as a lab rat and it becomes a bit detached from the eternal 'I have to lose weight since I'm obese and am having health problems because of it' and 'you're a stupid asshole for allowing yourself to slip down the ladder and eat that ..... (cake, ice cream, etc.). No matter how often I told myself that I 'deserved' that treat, I kept feeling guilty. This article about leptin has worked wonders for my mood.. I only am wondering whether the carbs should be high or low on the GI index.
I can't tell whether I go out of ketosis for too long when I do those carb up days. I'm still consuming the carby stuff in my house that won't keep well for long and will then do the induction phase (?) which is, what I understand limited to just 20 grams of carbs/day. I have upped to protein intake from 1,7 g/kg wt to 2,0 g/kg wt which is what I read in the CKD parameter calorie counter.
Also to avoid taking too much extra fat.. I've bought flax seed oil and the smell alone makes me want to puke. :-(((((
I am not prepared to take more than 1 spoonful a day, my taste buds are very delicate!

I will keep eating low carb until I am in ketosis, so it may very well be that I will exclude carbs for 2 weeks. OTOH, the menu will be shattered both next week and in November: there's a 3-day trip to Belgium ahead and a 16-day trip to Portugal (cycle-touring).
I will try to stick more or less faithfully to the diet...

There are a few interesting discoveries I made when planning my meals though. I didn't know there was so much protein in cheese. Fresh cheese like quark and cottage cheese has very little fat and very little carbs too. For the fat I thought about adding pecan nuts, but discovered that grated cocos has less carbs and more fat/100 grams.. I'd never thought that since it appears to be so sweet!

Fietser

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement