Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5687  
Subject: Re: Thanksgiving Menu Date: 11/24/2012 11:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I don't cook the Thanksgiving dinner--my relatives do (they own a diner and they close it for the public on holidays and the family gets together there--so they make everything there pretty much).

They had turkey, ham, and 2 types of kielbasa--but also tons and tons of stuff I could eat:

mashed rutabagas
baked rounds of sweet potatoes with brown sugar-butter glaze
cranberry sauce--both canned and homemade
mashed potatoes
cole slaw
fruit platter
raw veggie platter w/sour cream dip

And it's not vegetarian but I ate some shrimp w/cocktail sauce (I eat seafood on rare occasions--the next time will be Christmas Eve when they have the shrimp as well as fried haddock)

Things that were vegetarian but I didn't have because they contain gluten:

macaroni salad
bread tray w different types of bread and butter
nut roll
poppyseed roll

I did bring my 'world famous salad' (that was a joke) of shredded lettuce, shredded carrots for color, a block of crumbled NY style extra sharp cheddar, HB eggs, and 3 Cheese Ranch dressing.

I also made cookies and candy--all gluten-free: pumpkin-walnut fudge, pumpkin shortbread, pumpkin raisin cookies w/orange-cream cheese glaze, and cranberry pecan bread (also drizzled with some orange-cream cheese glaze on top).

I also did eat some pie--there were many different types (pumpkin--duh--apple crumb, peanut butter chocolate mousse, lemon meringue) I ate slivers of some of them including most of the crust....I don't have celiac's but am just gluten intolerant---I can have a 'little' gluten without much effect--just not alot.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement