UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35392  
Subject: Re: DXKSX Date: 2/14/2013 2:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I don't know how long you plan to hold this but from their prospectus:

Important Information Regarding the Fund

The Direxion Monthly 10 Year Note Bear 2X Fund (the “Fund”) seeks calendar month leveraged investment results. The pursuit of calendar month leveraged goals means that the Fund is riskier than alternatives that do not use leverage because the Fund’s objective is to magnify the performance of the NYSE Current 10-Year U.S. Treasury Index. The pursuit of calendar month leveraged investment goals means that the return of the Fund for a period longer than a full calendar month may bear no resemblance to –200% of the return of the NYSE Current 10-Year U.S. Treasury Index for such longer period because the aggregate return of the Fund is the product of the series of calendar month leveraged returns for each calendar month. The path of the benchmark during the longer period may be at least as important to the Fund’s return for the longer period as the cumulative return of the benchmark for the relevant longer period, especially in periods of market volatility. Further, the return for investors that invest for periods less than a full calendar month or for a period different than a calendar month will not be the product of the return of the Fund’s stated goal and the performance of the target index for the full calendar month.

The Fund is designed to be utilized only by knowledgeable investors who understand the potential consequences of seeking calendar month leveraged investment results, understand the risks associated with shorting and the use of leverage and are willing to monitor their portfolios frequently. (Their bolding, not mine)

And:

Total Annual Fund Operating Expenses(2)
1.90%

More:

As a result, over time, the cumulative percentage increase or decrease in the value of the Fund’s portfolio may diverge significantly from the cumulative percentage increase or decrease in the multiple of the return of the Fund’s underlying index due to the compounding effect of losses and gains on the returns of the Fund. It also is expected that the Fund’s use of leverage will cause the Fund to underperform the compounded return of two times its benchmark in a trendless or flat market. (bolding mine this time)

--------

1.9% is a lot to pay for that risk. How much time decay are you willing to risk?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement