Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't think that it needs to be registered in the ministries name, just given to them. The ministy will need to provide written documentation verifing that they received the vehicle, and form 8283, but I do not believe it needs to be reigistered in their name. I know deduction rules just changed for cars that were sold (a car that had a charity sells for $500 can no longer be claimed as a donation at a higher value) but in this case, the charity is giving it away as part of this charitable purpose.

I'd check the IRS website for more information just to be sure.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.