No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't think they had you in mind when they wrote these regulations.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. These estimates of closing costs get done for everyone, at least in the 4 states I've written a contract in. It is kind of hard to be surprised by what you need to spend. In my experience it tends to be over estimated, since it is easier to cut you a check for the excess at closing than to be sure the buyer will have extra funds on hand. And every mortgage I've gotten recently comes with the same kind of estimate of costs. You have to ignore what is already given out to be surprised...not that some people don't do just that.

Do you think they would have qualified as high cost mortgages?

Some would probably would have qualified as high cost mortgages given the fixed price costs involved in buying with or without a mortgage as Dave mentioned, and the low cost of the house. Don't know.

IP
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement