No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't understand why the banksters are avoiding time in the Big House.

... try asking your Representative or Senator.

I have tried, three times, to elicit an answer from one of my Senators (Leahy) who happens to be the chairman of the Judiciary committee. I asked him why he wasn't pressing the Justice department for prosecutions of the blatant fraud associated with the current financial crisis.

I pointed out the fact that as a result of the S&L scandal of the 1980's, there were over 10,000 criminal referrals from gov't regulators to the Justice dept for prosecution. Based on those referrals, over 1,000 banksters were tried, convicted and sent to prison.

To date, the regulators in Urkel administration have had ZERO referrals, the Urkel Justice dept has had ZERO prosecutions and there have been ZERO convictions for crimes associated with the current financial crisis.

But for some reason, Sen. Leahy couldn't find the time to respond to my queries. Not for my April letter nor my July letter nor my October letter ...

... but why should I be surprised. Urkel and Democrat congress critters have been the prime beneficiaries of campaign contributions from Wall Street banks, brokerages and hedge funds. The lack of prosecutions for bankster fraud clearly shows that they got what they paid for ...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement