Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Gkor Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10679  
Subject: Re: Why I Left E*Trade Today Date: 11/12/2007 4:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
I dont want to insult you, but it is very silly to move your accounts because of the fear of bankruptcy. The only person to mention this was citibank. Extremely unprofessional---would there of been a run to sell shares if citibank did not offer their "opinion" on bankruptcy. This article explans all your concerns about is my money safe---
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/investor-assets-e-trade-accounts-said/story.aspx?guid=%7B07DF25B1%2D350B%2D460C%2D9D49%2D665E9DFB5DD9%7D&siteid=yhoof

But you are the type of person who makes these opprotunities possible. I bought 50K of stock at 3.60----etrade is awesome, have used them and their product and service is great. That said, there is no easier way to spook investors then to tell them your company has a 15% chance of bankruptcy---on what grounds do they say something like that. This is a run cause by citibank---I can not believe that an analyst would state this as fact without the numbers to back it. I will go so far as to say it might be liable. WOW....you have articles coming out in the news saying that etrade should be okay---but what if all the investors now because of citibank will close their accounts like you did---then their might be a problem---but I do not think investors will do that---only those that rush without proper insight.

Thanks to citibank's extremely unprofessional analyst---I got a great bargain in a good company. When the company states (which already has) that it will not go into bankruptcy---they are covered by insurance, and could handle losses up to 1 billion and their mortgages are 1/2 billion so their writeoffs will be less then that...this stock will shoot up. ONLY reason it is so far down is because the fear of bankruptcy----a false fear.....that analyst should get fired (but thanks for this great buying opprotunity)----

FOOL ON!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement