UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 749401  
Subject: Re: Poll: Are You Watching Debates Tonight? Date: 10/3/2012 11:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I don't watch any political speeches, debates, campaign ads, press conferences, etc, no matter who it is. I don't watch any political commentators either. The only thing I watch on Fox News is Red Eye, if I'm awake, a totally unserious show that's on here at midnight and which ususally features attractive women and funny comedians as panel guests. I don't need to be reminded of how hosed we are.

I mostly read conservative and libertarian blogs and e-zines. I don't have to read liberal ones because the conservative and libertarian ones do a good job of deconstructing their nonsense.

Occasionally a liberal site will report straight unbiased news that's worth reading, but only if it's about something they can't put a spin on. For example, here's an informative article from the Huffington Post about the Czech ban on hard liquor we encountered during our trip:

Czech Republic Alcohol Ban Eases, Deadly Booze Hunt Goes On

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/26/czech-republic-alco...

The Czech government agreed on Wednesday to ease a ban on the sale and export of spirits after police found the source behind the spread of deadly bootleg booze that has killed 26 people.

The state banned the sale of hard liquor on Sept. 14, a tough step in one of the world's hardest-drinking nations and a popular party destination for Britons and other Europeans. Exports were stopped last week under EU pressure.

From Thursday, the government will allow the sale of newly made and stamped bottles, although police are still searching for up to 15,000 litres of liquor containing methanol. The worst health scare for decades in the EU member country of 10.5 million was still bringing new patients to hospitals this week.

None of our restaurant servers spoke good enough English to explain what was going on, just enough to tell me "No vodka and tonic for you."

--fleg
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement