UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 167  
Subject: Re: "DaVinci's Inquest" ... Date: 10/4/2008 6:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I dunno ... I never have watched "Quincy" .. but from the little impressions I've gotten of it from a distance I wouldn't have made the comparison. I was addicted to NYPD Blue for all of its run and this is *vaguely* reminiscent of that; but its the cast and writing of this that sets it apart. Every place I go online to read about it there is, over and over, "this is the very best police procedural drama ever committed to the screen... better than CSI .. better than Homocide, Life on the Streets .. better than The Wire..". Again, I think it is the appeal of and the chemistry between the actors/characters as much as anything that makes it so completely satisfying. VERY little violence and silliness ... LOTS of relational involvement .. people working their lives out in and amongst others. Very 'gritty' and 'real'. When the New York Times reviewed it they raved and declaired it "unlike anything else on television".

My only caveate is that I do not believe that they had their 'stride' down in the first season. I'd almost recommend that someone step in at the second or third season as each season gets better and better. By the third season, and beyond, it is certainly one of the best things ever put on television.

nl
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement