UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Jennlee222 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 883884  
Subject: Re: Consumer Issues Date: 12/14/2012 7:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I emailed the company to get more info on what their guarantee offers and the response from their staff indicates the guarantee only covers if the product was not by its sell-by date or that it is not authentic. You may have a case here under the guarantee if your credit card company needs evidence - this website indicates that they are not authorized resellers of the Environ product: http://www.environ.co.za/unauthorised-distributors.php

What they actually cover is not what they indicate on the website with their terms of "risk free" and "100% money back guarantee." They also indicated that if your product is not "fresh" (within sell-by date) that they send a replacement or give credit for other product, so it is not even really a money back guarantee, although they do use that term on their website.

One other thing they did say, when I asked what I could do if the product caused skin problems, is this:

the Environ system is built on the concept of a Vit A ladder ... starting on lower concentrations and working your way up to higher concentrations. Retinoid reactions ( whilst not common ) can occur with any topical Vitamin A product. They occur as a result of the skin adjusting to increased concentrations of the essential anti-oxidants. An uninformed user may believe a retinoid response to be an issue with the product - not understanding the chemistry behind the science and that such a response is only temporary whilst the skin adjusts.

Now, I have used Retin A products in the past myself, and Retin A can give a rash. A lot of people can use Retin A products at a lower application frequency if they tend to have a reaction - like weekly instead of daily, and working up as you are able to. It may be that you are not allergic to the product, but that you need to start slower - use less and less frequency.

That said, given the suspicions that this company is not selling actual authentic Environ products, you may want to just cut your losses.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Future, or What's Left of It
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement