Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (66) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: FreethinkerKW Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: Re: Tax Deferred Annuity right for me? Date: 4/29/2013 5:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I enjoyed your two short blog posts, Bruce Doe. Just letting you know there is a bit Humprhey Bogart Festival down here in the Upper Keys, May 2-5, 2013:

http://www.fla-keys.com/news/news.cfm?sid=8507

KEY LARGO, Florida Keys — Legendary film icon Humphrey Bogart is to be celebrated May 2-5, 2013, in the setting of one of his most famous movies.

The inaugural Humphrey Bogart Film Festival is to mark 65 years since the premiere of the movie "Key Largo," starring Bogart and his wife Lauren Bacall, which was partially filmed on the island at the top of the Florida Keys archipelago.

Celebrating the life and films of the man the American Film Institute named "America's greatest male screen legend," the festival is the only event of its kind to be backed by the Bogart Estate, which is producing the event in partnership with the Key Largo Chamber of Commerce.

"We have long been looking for a natural home for a family-backed Bogie film fest, and we believe there is no better place than Key Largo," said Stephen Humphrey Bogart, son of the iconic performer.

"My father and mother starred in 'Key Largo' and the actual boat from 'The African Queen' is here in Key Largo," Bogart said. "It just feels right to honor my father and his movies in this beautiful place, which has such an organic connection to his legacy."

(more at link above)

Also, if any of you film buffs make it to Key Largo (about 110 minutes North of Key West) you may as well drive down to "Bone Island" itself and see Florida's Number One Rated Cinema, the Tropic Cinema:

http://www.tropiccinema.com/main.html

P.S. Rude patrons don't exist in this place because the whole community supports a "real" communal experience when watching film together. No one talks out loud. No cellphones on. No drunks. Etc. Oh yeah, and no teenagers or kids allowed in there, unless it is a school outing during the day. It is heaven.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (66) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement