Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49696  
Subject: Re: Harrison Ford Signed? Date: 2/15/2013 11:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I expect more production costs will leak out closer to the film's release, but I am not as sure we are "entitled" to this information. Disney is a huge company and I can't imagine them providing line item budgets for every project. No one is asking about the costs of the specific lands or attractions at Shanghai Disney. No one has asked if the cost for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was reasonable under a certain amount, or the Haunted Mansion could be operated more cheaply with 998 ghosts.

At some point, we have to trust in the management team in which we invested. Every year we get the opportunity to vote for or against the Board of Directors, whose responsibility to us is to make sure management is running the company in our best interests. They are the ones that set the fiscal management rules and look at big ticket projects and give the company a green light, red light or sends it back for more work. It is Iger's responsibility to make sure his leaders are fiscally responsible and he himself is responsible to the Board.

As for the movies themselves, Disney has 3 years to not only write, shoot, edit and market the film, but that is also 3 years to integrate it into the Disney ecosystem (to borrow the term from Apple), or what I will now call the Mousecosystem. That means potentially adding Star Tours to any theme park resorts that do not already have it, bringing Star Wars onto the cruise ship (think 80's disco night to the Star Wars theme), bringing the Clone Wars over to Disney XD from Cartoon Network, maybe even introducing a new Padawan show on Disney Junior. And how about intergalactic sports shorts coverage on ESPN?

Fuskie
Who expects the new films will be placed some decades into the future, rather than try to make Ford, Hamilton or Fisher look like their 20's selves, even with movie magic...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

My Big Fat Greek Splat
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement